BEST JOB EVER!
CREW BOAT OPERATOR
Full-Time or Part-Time
Are you interested in charting a new career with a successful, growing company?
Do you want to operate a brand-new vessel?
Work in the beautiful Quatsino Sound & live the West Coast lifestyle?
Live in an area with affordable housing & lots of outdoor amenities?
We are the Quatsino Economic Development Corp. and we love what we do. We are a safety-driven company and we care about our people, operations and customers. We are growing and need a Crew Boat Operator who embraces our culture of safety, efficiency and superb customer service.
What you’ll do:
• Perform scheduled and on-the-fly crew/supply runs to various sites in the Quatsino Sound
• Operate the vessel in a safe manner in various weather / sea conditions
• Ensure the safe transportation of employees, contractors & customers
• Maintain a well-equipped, organized, clean vessel
• Supervise, coach and develop deckhand(s)
Our ideal candidate:
• Experience in small vessel operations
• Able to demonstrate and prove operator’s competency
• Transport Canada training requirements for vessels up to 5 gross tonnage
• Valid SVOP, ROC-M, Domestic Vessel Safety A1 & A2, MED A3, & Marine Basic First Aid
• Navigation skills and collision regulations
• Knowledge of federal, provincial regulations/acts/laws pertaining to vessels up to 5 gross tonnage
• Basic boating and mechanical experience
• Knowledge of the local area and waters would be an asset
• Training in emergency response, firefighting, first aid, life-saving equipment would be an asset
**We may consider training and developing the right person if he or she has the drive, determination and commitment to succeed in the job.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Robert Sagmeister, General Manager
QEDC, 322 Quattishe Road, Coal Harbour, BC, V0N 1K0
E-Mail: email@example.com Tel: (250) 949-8147
E-mail or Regular Post