Lin Heung Restaurant is proud to be serving Victoria since 1976. Come in and try our Szechuan and Cantonese cuisine – perfect for grabbing a quick lunch or for large dinner parties!
· Prepare and cook Cantonese and Szechuan cuisine for our restaurant at the highest level possible and consistently
· Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
· Day to day food preparation of the restaurant
· Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
· Assist in food inventory and control
· Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
· Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
· Train staff in preparation
Qualifications and skills
- 5 years working experience in restaurants or cafeteria is required
- Cook Trade Certiﬁcation is asset
- Completion of secondary school is asset.
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Work under pressure
- Attention to details
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player, Flexibility, Dependability, Organized, Reliability
Terms of employment: Full time permanent position. 40 hours per week.
Wage: Basic wage is $24 per hour.
Location of work: 3749 Shelbourne St, Victoria, BC V8P 5N4
If you are interested in this position, please email us with your resume and cover letter to our email by referring applying for Cook. We look forward to hearing from you!