Eagle Creek YMCA-YWCA
Position: Permanent Full-Time
Placement: November 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: 40 hours per week
Nature and Scope:
The Eagle Creek YMCA-YWCA childcare centre is located in View Royal (near Victoria General Hospital), and offers licensed care for 36 infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children. Reporting to the General Manager, the Childcare Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the centre and provides leadership consistent with the philosophy of YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum (play-based curriculum – training provided). The Childcare Supervisor role models best practices and works in-ratio on a daily basis as well as performing scheduled administrative tasks. This challenging and progressive work environment will provide interesting and satisfying employment for those who seek to make a positive contribution to a community-based growth-oriented organization.
This permanent full-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership, 22 days vacation, and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
- Medical (MSP coverage; eligible after one month)
- Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year)
- To direct and assist with the planning and implementation of a consistent child-centered program in accordance with the YMCA-YWCA and CCFL standards, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum standards
- To provide effective leadership and coaching to a diverse staff team
- To interact directly with the children, facilitating a healthy learning environment
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with the families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships within the community
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to YMCA-YWCA and licensing requirements
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families and staff
- To work effectively and as an active member of the staff team, assisting with other duties and responsibilities as required
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas and washrooms
- To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian
- Early Childhood Educator License to Practice required
- Infant/Toddler Educator License to Practice preferred
- Special Needs License to Practice an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience, preferably in a charity/not-for-profit environment, solid understanding of Child Care Facility Licensing and legal requirements
- Demonstrated achievement in working effectively with staff, children, families and the community
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- A clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Record check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Applications will be short-listed as they are received.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.