- Supervise and care for the child at employer’s residence
- Assist on the child’s everyday routine before and after school
- Oversee child’s activities, such as meals, rest periods, as instructed by employer
- Instruct child in personal hygiene and social development
- Tend to the emotional well-being of child
- Discipline the child according to the methods requested by the parents
- Organize and participate in activities such as games, crafts, reading and outings to provide amusement and exercise
- Plan, prepare and serve meals for the child and may perform light housekeeping duties
- Take the child to and from after school activities and doctor’s appointments only if needed
- Maintain a healthy environment at home
- May be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding child.
Completion of secondary school may be required.
Interact well with the children of varying ages and provide activities that are engaging for their age.
First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate may be required or willing to take a course upon employment.Able to work without being supervised.
Positive attitude towards work.
Flexible in every aspects towards children.
Child-care or household management experience may be required.
Child-care provider may require completion of a training program in child care or any related field.
Reading text, numeracy, good communication, problem solving, decision making, job task planning and organizing.
Must be able to speak, read and write in English fluently.
1 year to less than 2 years of full time paid work experience as a caregiver or in related field or occupation within the last three years; OR
6 months of In class Caregiver course training.