Education is a right, not a privilege. Our mission at ApplyBoard is to make quality education accessible to students around the world. Through our AI-powered platform, students from across the globe have access to the best institutions in Canada and the USA; allowing them to easily pursue their educational dreams. Our experts help streamline the application process from submission to enrollment and take care of all the details in between.
ApplyBoard now has the largest user-base in the study abroad industry in the world. We are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of the fastest growing tech companies in the Waterloo region.
We are a start-up built on innovation and diversity. Our team comprises of over 50% women, 10 nationalities and over 12 languages spoken! Over the last 3 years, we have grown to have employees internationally, with team members in Canada, Vietnam, China, India, and Nepal, with no signs of slowing down!
We are looking for an experienced, well connected, organized, and bilingual (English/Mandarin) International Student Recruitment Manager, in Vancouver to join our growing team and take our company and platform to the next level!
In this role:
- Represent the ApplyBoard brand to promote ApplyBoard services to agents, international educators, and prospective students
- Increase international student enrolment at ApplyBoard by recruiting international students from diverse regions
- Negotiate terms of engagement, provide training to agents and their staff, and keep the agent contacts engaged with ApplyBoard through regular communication
- Undergo presentations in the local marketplace to further promote ApplyBoard
- Train and guide agents to improve the quality and volume of international applicants, ensuring top quality
- Disseminate communications and activities online using CRM and social media platforms including delivering key messages and encouraging engagement from potential and current students
- Implement marketing and recruitment strategies through research and market analysis to maximize international student outreach
- Proactively undergo agent outreach
- Bilingual: English/Mandarin
- Minimum 2 years of international student recruitment experience for secondary and/or post-secondary institutions
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Exceptional communication verbal and written skills
- Autonomous self-starter, with the ability to work independently within a team-based environment
- Aptitude for prioritizing tasks with an attention to detail to ensure information accuracy
- Exceptional problem-solving skills under ambiguous circumstances to ensure you provide the best outcome for our students while maintaining integrity with our partner relationships
- Experience working with educational consultants and or postsecondary institutions directly; considered a bonus
- Experience working with a CRM (HubSpot); considered an asset
- What We Offer:
Besides having the opportunity to work with a brilliant and globally diverse team we also offer:
The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.