HoneyBun Foods Ltd is an established gourmet food manufacturer serving the Vancouver Island since 1991. Our fresh and delicious bakery products and ready-to-eat Asian food items can be found in many local retailers and supermarkets including Wal-Mart Supercenters, Red Barn Markets, Country Grocers and cafeterias at the University of Victoria and Royal Road University as well as some high schools.
Our major lines of products include packaged sushi, authentic Asian meals in reheatable containers, and Hong Kong Style baked goodies such as honey buns and BBQ pork buns. We strike to provide high quality home meal replacement items with the best available ingredients. The majority of our products are made and delivered everyday, seven days a week.
· Mix, divide, shape, proof, and bake bread and other bakery products.
· Maintain accurate mix times, temporary logs, and production records.
· Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation or product.
· Follow company’s procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product.
· Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
· Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
· Assistant in baking supplies ordering and inventory management.
Qualifications and skills
· Completion of secondary school is required.
· 3-5 years working experience as baker.
· Language of work: English is mandatory, Mandarin or Cantonese as asset
· High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
· Ability to follow a production schedule and prioritize tasks
· Ability to follow directions and established procedures
· Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
· Good communication skills
· Ability to follow a recipe
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Terms of employment: Full time permanent position. 32.5 hours per week.