Golden City Restaurant
Food / Hospitality / Customer Service
Job Post Date:
- To assist Executive Chef to manage the kitchen team and produce consistently high quality Chinese cuisine, Chinese Desserts, production and presentation
- Ensure a positive & professional working environment throughout the kitchens and influence culinary members through demonstrating technical skills, sharing knowledge and upholding all culinary standards.
- Train and develop junior kitchen staff to operate to the required standards as established by the restaurant, and keep appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that agreed food hygiene, licensing and safety standards are communicated, upheld or surpassed, at all times.
- Assist Executive Chef-Chinese in the planning of activities, promotions, menu implementations according to the annual plans.
- Co-ordinate and supervise menu implementations in a timely manner with necessary plating guides, recipes, food pictures and costing completed prior to implementation.
- Create and develop new dishes and recipes together with his Executive Chef-Chinese, by keeping up with the latest market trends.
- Handle customer comments and complaints and take swift corrective action to resolve issues to the customer’s
- Ensure consistent quality of all food stuffs purchased, monitoring quality at receiving point, ensuring value of purchases matching to correct food costs.
- Report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to direct supervisors.
- Maintain positive relations with other staff and departments.
- Capable to perform repetitious duties.
- Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct supervisors from time to time
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- 1 – 2 years working experience in a Chinese restaurant.
- Language of work: English is mandatory, Mandarin or Cantonese as asset
- Cook's certification or equivalent credentials, training and experience are preferred.
- Must be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environments such as, but not limited to noise, dust and cooking fumes.
- Follow the correct safe manual handling and lifting techniques.
- Ability to move, life, carry, push, pull and place objects by weighing less than or equal to 11 kg on frequent basis without assistance.
- Ability to move life, carry, push, pull and place objects by following the correct safe manual handling and lifting techniques with the assistance of a 4 wheel trolley.
- Ability to stand and / or walk for an extended period of time during the shift.
- Ability to work on flexible shift including overnight, weekends and holiday on rotation basis.
Apply By Email:
In person with your resumer at 721 Fisgard St, Victoria, BC V8W 1R8