We are a small well-established accounting firm located in the Victoria area. We are currently seeking an experienced accounting technician to assist in the day-to-day operations of the business.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
If you’re the right person for the job, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Full cycle bookkeeping
GST, PST, WCB remittances
- Preparation of payroll, ROEs, and CRA source deduction remittances
- Prepare trial balances, maintain general ledgers, and produce various statistical reports
- Provide polite and courteous customer service to clients
- Preparation of year-end tax forms (T4s, T5s, T5018s)
Education, Professional Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- 2-3 years related experience in accounting/ bookkeeping combined with secondary education
- Attention to detail – Completing tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Working knowledge of Sage 50, Quickbooks Desktop, Caseware, Profile, MS Office & Google Suite
- Adapts well to changing priorities while maintaining a high level of productivity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relationship development – effectively expresses ideas while working with team members in order to achieve a common goal