If you are a detailed and results-oriented Accounting Assistant looking to develop your career with an established, highly regarded, world class company delivering significant and measurable results to clients, we want to talk to you!
Founded in 1997, Victoria headquartered Charter has grown into one of Canada’s foremost fastest growing Information Technology providers in the country, providing a broad array of high value product and service solutions to clients operating some of the most mission critical networks and applications.
If you are looking to be an integral part of a vibrant, success-based environment with the core values of empowerment, flexibility, agility, innovation, high knowledge-based, life-balanced, and high ethics deeply embedded into the everyday culture then Charter is a place for you to look. We are a high-energy business-focused team, providing the highest possible customer experience, with best-in-class engineering support.
We are looking for a part-time or full-time (32 – 40 hours per week) Accounting Assistant to support our head-office, located in Metchosin BC, with accounting and administrative duties, with a focus on payroll and payables. Your contributions will aid timely and accurate reporting and government compliance. In addition, you will help our accounting team stay organized and efficient by completing general administrative duties.
As the successful candidate, you thrive working in a fast-paced environment, are detail-orientated and get energized by multitasking under tight deadlines. You will have a collaborative approach and customer-service mindset enabling you to build strong relationships with staff, customers, and vendors alike.
This is a part-time or full-time position based out of our Headquarters, currently located in Metchosin, BC, with a new office currently being built in Langford, BC and expected move date mid-2019.
About the Job:
- Biweekly multi-jurisdictional payroll for over 100 employees, including: calculating commission payouts; vacation payouts; taxable benefits; T2200s; ROEs; special payments; and reconciliation of payroll accounts.
- Accounts Payable for both Canadian and US vendors, including: vetting and posting invoices; payments by cheque and EFT; adhering to vendor payment terms; online bill payments; ensuring compliance with various sales tax regulations; reconciliation of payables accounts.
- Establishing and maintaining solid relationships with both staff and vendors.
- Responding to staff and vendor queries in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensuring correctness of information from various departments.
- Other related tasks as required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience running Canadian payroll
- Able to apply CRA payroll regulations to various types of payments
- Canadian Payroll Association Level I an asset
- Knowledge of Ceridian payroll system an asset
- Minimum 1-year experience in full-cycle accounts payable
- Understand GST/HST and various provincial sales tax regulations and how to apply them
- Comfortable with foreign currency transactions and applying foreign exchange rates
- Knowledge of GAAP and understanding of how transactions impact the financial statements
- Experience with Sage50
- MS Office, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word at an intermediate level; able to quickly learn programs and adapt as needed
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced situations and meet deadlines
- Willingness to ask questions and a drive to learn
- Ability to work independently and prioritize own workloads efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with the ability to deliver outstanding product/service and build relationships with coworkers, vendors, and customers
- Open to change and willing to take on new tasks as needed