If you are a detailed and results-oriented Accounting Assistant looking to develop your career with an established, highly regarded, world class company delivering significant and measurable results to clients, we want to talk to you!
Founded in 1997, Victoria headquartered Charter has grown into one of Canada’s foremost fastest growing Information Technology providers in the country, providing a broad array of high value product and service solutions to clients operating some of the most mission critical networks and applications.
If you are looking to be an integral part of a vibrant, success-based environment with the core values of empowerment, flexibility, agility, innovation, high knowledge-based, life-balanced, and high ethics deeply embedded into the everyday culture then Charter is a place for you to look. We are a high-energy business-focused team, providing the highest possible customer experience, with best-in-class engineering support.
We are looking for a full-time Accounting Assistant to support our head-office, located in Metchosin, BC, with accounting and administrative duties. Your contributions will aid timely and accurate reporting and government compliance. In addition, you will help our accounting team stay organized and efficient by completing general administrative duties.
As the successful candidate, you thrive working in a fast-paced environment, are detail-orientated and get energized by multitasking under tight deadlines. You will have a collaborative approach and customer-service mindset enabling you to build strong relationships with staff, customers, and vendors alike.
This is a full-time position based out of our Metchosin, BC office.
About the Job:
- Data entry of sales and purchase invoices.
- Ensuring correctness of paperwork from various departments.
- Month-end reconciliations of line of business accounts.
- Other related tasks as required.
Please apply online at https://charter.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Joining Charter means joining the Charter family. High ethics and integrity are how we go about our daily business both internally and externally. 20 years and over 1200 customers later, we are known for our high value and high-quality experiences by both our customers and our manufacturing partners.
Joining Charter means joining a team of people with wide ranging backgrounds and passions for life experiences. From climbing mountains, to kids’ hockey rinks and fields, to deep diving in oceans, to crossing them in sailboats, to flying high in the sky above them, to musicians, to woodworkers, collectors and artists, the team at Charter is a group of passionate people that come together to create success in every way, for everybody.
Nothing speaks to this more than our extremely low employee turnover, with a long tenured Sales, Engineering and Admin team.
We offer a flexible, results focused work environment with a highly competitive compensation plan and health benefits plan.
For more information, please visit our website at www.charter.ca.
- At least 1 year of experience working in an accounting environment, or completion of/working towards an accounting diploma/degree.
- Experience with Sage50.
- MS Office, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word at an intermediate level; able to quickly learn programs and adapt as needed.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast-paced situations and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to ask questions and a drive to learn.
Ability to work independently and prioritize own workloads efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with the ability to deliver outstanding product/service and build relationships with coworkers, vendors, and customers.
- Open to change and willing to take on new tasks as needed.
lease apply online at https://charter.bamboohr.com/jobs/