Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Casual Cook at the Glengarry Hospital in Victoria, BC. Flexible availability is required as the shift is scheduled during weekdays & weekends based on operational needs. Start Date: Open until filled.
To prepare meals for residents/patients and to ensure overall quality and presentation of the food
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
*Prepare of all components of the meal
*Follow the recipes/menu provided
*Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing
*Ensure meals are served on time
*Sanitizing all work surfaces and equipment used
*Serve food to residents/patients
*Wash and store pots and pans
*Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads
*Beware of any and follow restricted dietary needs of residents/patients
*Clean the kitchen as per cleaning schedule
*Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information
*Complete required HACCP logs
*Assist with scheduling and staff replacement
*Maintain safe work environment at all times
*Perform duties as per health and safety guidelines
*Other reasonable requests from management
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check & TB test.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
* High School Diploma
* MUST have Food Safe 1 and 2 Certificates
* Previous 2-3years of cooking experience, preferably in the Long Term Care/Healthcare environment
* Cook certification/papers is considered an asset
* Previous food preparation experience
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Able to communicate with mangers, residents/patients, and other employees