This internship will be delivered in two stages: after school programming May – June (10-15 hours per week) and 4 days a week summer programming July – August (28 hours a week), with additional special event availability.
. Position Requirements:
· Plan and implement programming for children ages 5-10 and 11-16 with a focus on food security, Indigenous food systems, health, wellness, and the outdoors. Confidence delivering quality programming a necessity, with training available for a food justice focus.
· Provide mentorship to coworkers and community members in relation to youth work.
· Attend meetings as a band representative with other First Nations and organizations on the South Island.
· Provide one-on-one mentorship to youth and seek out participant specific extra-curricular activities.
· Submit periodic reports and other funder’s requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with children and youth.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, a class 4 unrestricted license.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, standard first aid and CPR C.
- Must have own transportation as Beecher Bay is not accessible via public transportation.
- Preference may be given to Indigenous applicants.
- Past experience working in Indigenous communities an asset.