Bayshore Home Health, a leader in home health care is currently accepting applications for Personal Support Workers in the Greater Victoria area, including Sooke, Westshore and the Peninsula.
Our Caregivers believe in being the difference in our clients lives. They are passionate and caring and strive to go the extra mile to always make our clients feel special, comfortable and safe.
The Personal Support Worker, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, provides personal care services to clients and assists clients with the activities of daily living as described in the care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent.
• Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance with oxygen administration and medication reminder.
• Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
• Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client’s condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office
• Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
• Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Complete other tasks as requested
Graduation from an accredited HCA program is an asset but not required. The candidate must, within their scope of practice, have a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of community home support and the delivery of personal care services.
At least one year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in either English or French. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client care; able to travel locally from assignment to assignment