Program Fitness Staff & Duty Manager
Westhills YMCA-YWCA (Langford, BC)
Placement: December 2019
Salary: $15.55/hour (Program Fitness Staff rate); $17.97/hour (Duty Manager rate)
Hours: Provide shift coverage as needed. Ability to cover with short notice an asset (early morning, day, evening, and/or weekend shifts). Flexibility in work schedule is required to accommodate the needs of the position (up to 19.5 hours per week). Possibility to work one regular shift per week (dependent on availability of applicant).
Nature and Scope:
The Program Fitness Staff will work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers, and is responsible for providing safe, fun and educational programs and service to members and participants in a fitness environment. A key function of their role is to assist individual members with their fitness programs, in a positive and professional manner. These staff will also build meaningful relationships through daily interaction with Y members, visitors, and colleagues; and work in collaboration with the Membership and Service staff to support member sales and retention efforts. Some Program Fitness Staff responsibilities could include leading a regular group fitness class.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- Perform member orientations to the fitness facility
- Maintain an atmosphere of achievement that inspires self and others to succeed
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA-YWCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
- Assist with training new staff/volunteers in procedures and practices
- Effectively support the operation of the facility, including opening and closing procedures
- YMCA Personal Training certificate (or BCRPA Weight Trainer/Personal Training) or equivalent certification required
- YMCA Group Fitness certification or equivalent certification an asset
- Excellent organizational, customer service and relationship building skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.