Eagle Creek YMCA-YWCA
Placement: July 24, 2017
Salary: $15.10 per hour
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays (8:45am-12:00pm)
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Centre Manager of the Eagle Creek YMCA-YWCA, the Playcare Attendant will provide a high-quality childminding program; the age range is from 0 – 10 years of age. The successful applicant will ensure that children are well-supervised and provided with developmentally appropriate activity options. This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- To read, understand and follow all YMCA-YWCA policies and procedures, and adhere to program standards
- To interact directly with the children, leading activities and games (the children are from 0 to 10 years of age)
- To provide leadership to the planning and implementation of a consistent child-centered program in accordance with YMCA-YWCA standards
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas and washrooms
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to YMCA-YWCA requirements
- To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian, to ask for identification in order to ensure that the authorized pick-up has been verified
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well groomed
- Experience working with children in a child care/recreational setting
- Standard First Aid and CPR C certification is required
- Clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Concern for Health and Safety
- Creativity and Innovation
- Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
3. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.