Membership Sales and Services Staff & Duty Manager
Westhills YMCA-YWCA (Langford, BC)
Wage: $15.55/hour (Membership Sales and Services rate); $17.97/hour (Duty Manager rate)
Hours: Thursdays 5:30pm-9:30pm
The ability to provide additional shift coverage is an asset; opportunities to pick up additional shifts may be available throughout the week.
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Westhills Y Membership Sales and Services Supervisor, the Membership Sales and Service Staff/Duty Manager provides excellence in customer service, sales and support to all members and participants, and the general public.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- Provide excellent customer service to members, volunteers, and staff
- Maintain detailed, accurate transaction and cash handling procedures and records
- Efficient registration of members and course participants using registration software
- Develop and retain a high level of product knowledge (information on YMCA-YWCA membership, programs, services, and camps)
- Assist with room/facility set-up procedures for programs and special events as required
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, volunteers and property by following YMCA-YWCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
- Develop and maintains professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
- Contribute as a member of our staff team in the overall operation of the Health, Fitness and Aquatic Centre, including performing other duties as assigned
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to build meaningful relationships through positive daily interactions with Y members, visitors and colleagues
- Must have a strong collaborative work ethic, ability to work on multiple projects under pressure with tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel
- Registration software experience an asset (will provide training)
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
- Commitment to Health and Safety
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.