Positions: Casual, Permanent Part-Time, Permanent Full-Time
Placement: July / August
Wage Rate: $16.00 to $16.50 per hour
Hours: Casual = up to 19.5 hours per week
Permanent Part-Time = 20-34 hours per week
Permanent Full-Time = 35 hours per week
Applicants are asked to include their work availability in their application (must specify days
Nature and Scope:
We want you to join our team of enthusiastic Y staff! Join our team and work within a positive,
welcoming, and safe environment at the Downtown YMCA-YWCA! Light Duty Cleaners/Custodians will
provide excellent cleaning services throughout the facility. The main responsibilities of this position are
to clean the fitness facility, including change rooms and washrooms, exercise areas and equipment, and
public areas (lobby, stairways, and halls). Considerable attention to detail is required.
Casual positions are entitled to a free individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
Permanent positions are entitled to a free YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days vacation (prorated for Permanent Part-Time); and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the
probationary period) which includes:
• Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
• Extended Health Care
• Life Insurance
• YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year for Permanent Full-Time, eligible after two
years of continuous service for Permanent Part-Time)
To view FULL posting, visit: https://www.vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/jobs-at-the-y
• Minimum of 1-3 months cleaning/janitorial experience and some knowledge of cleaning
products is preferred (*Note: we are willing to train).
• Good attention to detail and a focus on customer service.
• Ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification required (can be obtained within one month
of start date).
• A clean Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required (prior to
start date – not required at the application stage)