Healthy Living Program Fitness Staff
Eagle Creek YMCA-YWCA (View Royal, BC)
Placement: March 2019
Wage: $15.55 per hour
Hours: 4-8 hours per week; weekday mornings and/or afternoons.
Nature and Scope:
The Healthy Living Program Fitness Staff will work alongside the Y Healthy Living Program Coordinator to provide a safe, effective and semi-private fitness-based workout regimen for members living with a chronic condition looking to move forward with their active-living lifestyle. The Healthy Living Program Fitness Staff will assist in the planning, development, implementation and ongoing evaluations of safe, community-based exercise programs and the coordination of member care throughout the program while working within the Y community. For more information on our Healthy Living Programs, please visit: https://vancouverislandy.com/program-services/community-health/
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- Monitors the exercise environment for member safety and tailors exercise to the needs and level of the members in the group
- Applies principles of exercise physiology and kinesiology to individual participants
- Provides safe group-based exercise programs, such as aerobic, strength, balance and flexibility exercises, and established progression of exercise training based on intake
- Provides ongoing psychosocial support during exercise and with follow-ups
- Continues to further ones knowledge of the chronic conditions through workshops, self-study and Y leadership opportunities
- Holds certification/degree in one of the following:
o CSEP or BCRPA Personal Training/Group Fitness or YMCA Canada Personal Training/Group Fitness Strength Instructor
o Bachelor of Kinesiology or Health Sciences
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Experience working with participants with a chronic condition
- Ability to obtain any necessary fitness certifications as needed (training will be provided)
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
- Commitment to Health and Safety
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.