Group Fitness Instructor – Pilates
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Wage: $32.96/one-hour class
Hours: Mondays, 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Fridays, 11:00am – 12:00pm
Nature and Scope:
The Group Fitness Instructor – Pilates designs, modifies, and instructs safe, effective and appropriate Pilates fitness programs to meet the needs of members, community and special populations in a group fitness setting. Reporting to the Program Coordinator – Fitness at the Downtown Victoria Y, the Group Fitness Instructor – Pilates ensures members understand benefits of exercise and feel comfortable with the fitness program. The Group Fitness Instructor – Pilates performs work according to YMCA-YWCA values, objectives, policies, and health and safety and risk management programs. The successful candidate for this position will be provide additional shift coverage as needed; availability on short notice for coverage is an asset.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- To engage, motivate and lead individuals in a group fitness class setting safely
- To plan, organize and implement lesson plans
- To demonstrate a commitment to safety in program delivery
- To ensure excellent customer service is provided
- Model appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
- Represent the Association in a professional manner
- Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
- High School graduation
- Current relevant Group Fitness Instructor - Pilates certification
- 1 year experience as a Group Fitness Instructor with group classes or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and/or training in multiple fitness formats is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Conflict Resolution
- Coaching and Development
- Service Attitude/Customer Focus
- Relationship Building
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.