Group Fitness Instructor – Bootcamp
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Placement: March 2018
Hours: Wednesdays & Fridays, 6:00am-7:00am
Nature and Scope:
The Group Fitness Instructor – Bootcamp designs, modifies, and instructs safe, effective and appropriate Bootcamp fitness programs to meet the needs of members, community and special populations in a group fitness setting. The Group Fitness Instructor – Bootcamp ensures members understand benefits of exercise and feel comfortable with the fitness program. The Group Fitness Instructor – Bootcamp performs work according to YMCA-YWCA values, objectives, policies, and health and safety and risk management programs.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- To engage, motivate and lead individuals in a group fitness class setting safely
- To plan, organize and implement lesson plans
- To demonstrate a commitment to safety in program delivery
- To ensure excellent customer service is provided
- Model appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
- Represent the Association in a professional manner
- Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
- Relationship Building
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.