Group Fitness Instructor – Bootcamp
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Placement: September 2018
Salary: $25.30 per one-hour class
Hours: Wednesdays & Fridays, 6:00am-7:00am, with the ability to provide additional substitute shift coverage for strength fitness classes as needed.
Nature and Scope:
The Group Fitness Instructor – Bootcamp designs, modifies, and instructs safe, effective and appropriate Bootcamp fitness programs to meet the needs of members, community and special populations in a group fitness setting. The Group Fitness Instructor – Bootcamp ensures members understand benefits of exercise and feel comfortable with the fitness program. The Group Fitness Instructor – Bootcamp performs work according to YMCA-YWCA values, objectives, policies, and health and safety and risk management programs.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- To engage, motivate and lead individuals in a group fitness class setting safely
- To plan, organize and implement lesson plans
- To demonstrate a commitment to safety in program delivery
- To ensure excellent customer service is provided
- Model appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
- Represent the Association in a professional manner
- Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
- High School graduation/diploma
- YMCA Group Cardio Instructor or YMCA Group Strength Instructor certification (or equivalent relevant certification)
- Experience as a fitness instructor with group classes is an asset
- Experience and/or training in multiple fitness formats is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Conflict Resolution
- Coaching and Development
- Service Attitude/Customer Focus
- Relationship Building
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.