Group Fitness Instructor – Aquatic Fitness
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Placement: January 2020
Wage: $27.70 per one-hour class
Hours: Mondays 7:15pm-8:00pm, with the ability to provide additional shift (sub) coverage throughout the week (10am-11am).
Nature and Scope:
The Group Fitness Instructor – Aquatic Fitness designs, modifies, and instructs safe, effective and appropriate aquatic fitness programs to meet the needs of members, community and special populations in a group fitness setting. They will ensure that members understand the benefits of exercise and feel comfortable with the fitness program. The successful candidate will perform work according to YMCA-YWCA values, objectives, policies, and health and safety and risk management programs.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- To engage, motivate and lead individuals in a group fitness class setting safely
- To plan, organize and implement lesson plans
- To demonstrate a commitment to safety in program delivery
- To ensure excellent customer service is provided
- Model appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
- Represent the Association in a professional manner
- Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
- YMCA Group Fitness Instructor – Aquatic Fitness certification or equivalent certification (eg. BCRPA Aquatic Fitness)
- 1 year experience as a Group Fitness Instructor in group classes or an equivalent combination of education and experience is an asset
- Experience/training in multiple formats is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
3. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
4. Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
5. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.