Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
We are currently seeking a Casual Food Service Worker at the Glengarry Hospital in Victoria, BC. 12hours Shifts 7am -7pm and requires to weekdays and weekends. Start date: open until filled.
To prepare and serve meals to residents/patient, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
* Serve food to residents/patients
* Ensure that the overall presentation of the food is appealing
* Set and clear tables
* Scrape and sort dirty dishware and place in the dishwasher
* Setup and deliver food trays to residents/patients
* Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads
* Prepare and pour all beverages
* Restock service areas
* Clean dining room floor after each meal service
* Maintain confidentiality of all residents/patients and personnel information
* Complete required HACCP logs
* Maintain safe environment at all times
* Perform duties according to health & safety work practices and report all injuries and hazards to the Supervisor immediately
* Other reasonable requests from management
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check, TB test.
* MUST HAVE Food Safe Certificate -Level 1
* Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset
* Previous food preparation experience
* Good organizational skills and ability to multitask
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic
* Able to communicate with managers, other employees and patients
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.