Early Childhood Educator
Eagle Creek YMCA-YWCA (View Royal)
Position: Casual, Term (maternity leave coverage)
Placement: October 16, 2017
Salary: $20.30 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Child Care Supervisor, the Early Childhood Educator (ECE) will work directly within the early childhood program, providing high quality care and creative programming for children in a group setting. Working in collaboration with the child care team, educators are responsible for delivering the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum to children from 10 months to 5 years of age. They will ensure that children are well supervised and provided with developmentally appropriate and fun programming options. A priority will be maintaining excellent communication with families and other stakeholders.
This role is providing maternity leave coverage and is therefore classified as a Casual Term position. This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- To read, understand and follow all YMCA-YWCA policies and procedures related to the guidance and care of children
- To assist with the planning and implementing of a consistent child-centered program in accordance with YMCA-YWCA and CCFL standards, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum standards
- To interact directly with the children, facilitating a healthy learning environment
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships within the community
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and YMCA-YWCA requirements
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff
- To work effectively and as an active member of the staff team, assisting with other duties and responsibilities as required
- To attend YMCA Playing to Learn professional development sessions and other trainings as required
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas and washrooms
- To release children only to those authorized by parent/ guardian
- Early Childhood Educator License to Practice required
- Infant/Toddler Educator Certificate, Special Needs Educator Certificate, or additional courses/training related to child growth and development are assets
- Experience working with children in a child care/recreational setting
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- High level of organization and customer service skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C Certification
- Clean Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Clearance
- Clean Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Clearance
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Short-listed candidates may be interviewed upon receipt of application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.