Children’s Recreational Program Staff
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Positions: Casual (up to 19 hours/week
Salary: $15.55 per hour
Hours: This position will require schedule flexibility, with the ability to provide additional shift coverage as needed. Available shifts:
Wednesdays 8:45am – 1:15pm
Thursdays 8:45am – 1:15pm
Fridays 8:45am – 1:15pm
Nature and Scope:
The Children’s Recreational Program Staff will provide high quality programs and services to our members and participants, and works as a member of the Health, Fitness and Aquatics program team.
This includes maintaining a safe environment, providing safe and enjoyable recreational programs for families and children ages 0-12 years of age. The range of programming includes (but is not limited to) supervision of the following activities: PlayCare (childminding), family activities (parents with young children), active games, adventure clubs, and sports programs.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- Provide excellent customer service to members, volunteers, and staff
- Provide set-up and take-down of program equipment and other equipment as required
- Ensure that equipment is safe and in good repair (immediately report any malfunctions and remove any damaged equipment promptly)
- Maintenance and cleaning duties as required
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA-YWCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
- Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
- Contribute as a member of our staff team in the overall operation of the Health, Fitness and Aquatic Centre, including performing other duties as assigned
- Experience in leading activities for children ages 0 to 12 years
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to communicate effectively with children in the target age group
- Able to deliver programs (with appropriate age activities) in keeping with YMCA-YWCA standards
- Ability to establish and maintain positive communication with parents
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
2. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
3. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
4. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.