Children’s Recreational Program Staff
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Positions: Casual (up to 19 hours/week)
Hours: Fridays 8:30am – 1:00pm, Saturdays 8:30am – 12:30pm, and Sundays 8:45am – 1:00pm
Placement: September 4, 2017
Salary: $15.10 per hour
Nature and Scope:
The Children’s Recreational Program Staff provide high quality programs and services to our members and participants, and works as a member of the Health, Fitness and Aquatics program team. This includes maintaining a safe environment, providing safe and enjoyable recreational programs for families and children ages 0-12 years of age. The range of programming includes (but is not limited to) supervision of the following activities: PlayCare (childminding), family activities (parents with young children), active games, adventure clubs, and sports programs.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- Provide excellent customer service to members, volunteers, and staff
- Provide set-up and take-down of program equipment and other equipment as required
- Ensure that equipment is safe and in good repair (immediately report any malfunctions and remove any damaged equipment promptly)
- Maintenance and cleaning duties as required
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA-YWCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
- Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
- Contribute as a member of our staff team in the overall operation of the Health, Fitness and Aquatic Centre, including performing other duties as assigned
- Experience in leading activities for children ages 0 to 12 years
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to communicate effectively with children in the target age group
- Able to deliver programs (with appropriate age activities) in keeping with YMCA-YWCA standards
- Ability to establish and maintain positive communication with parents
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
2. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
3. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.