The Health Care Assistant Plus Diploma is designed to provide students opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to function effectively as front-line caregivers and respected members of a healthcare team. Under the direction and supervision of a health professional, graduates provide person-centered care aimed at promoting and maintaining the physical, emotional, cognitive, social and spiritual well-being of clients. Upon completion of the program, graduates are prepared to work in a variety of practice settings including home support, assisted living, residential or complex care, special care and acute units, schools, group homes, adult day care and other community care settings.
Participants will gain hands-on work experience/skills through the following activities:
- Theory and presentations for HCA’s to promote and maintain the health, safety, independence, comfort and well-being of individuals and families.
- Practical training to provide personal care assistance and services in a caring manner that recognizes and supports the unique needs, abilities and backgrounds of clients and their families.
- Knowledge and team work to become members of a health care team in a variety of settings with direction and supervision from regulated health care professionals.
- The work done by HCA’s is based on a set of fundamental values, beliefs and ethical principles that are consistently reflected in all aspects of their work with clients, families, team members and others. Amongst these core values, beliefs and principles, which serve as foundations of HCA practice, are those related to:
- Human Beings
- Older Adults
- Health and Healing
- Health Care
- Caring and Caregiving
- The Family in Health and Healing
For more information call: 778-265-7547